SKIN AND HEALTH BENEFITS OF RICE BRAN OIL
Rice bran is a prized anti-aging ingredient in Asia. Historically, Japanese women for centuries have used the leftover water from washing rice in the bath to soften and smooth their skin. Today, rice bran and rice bran oil are used to brighten skin and remove blemishes and impurities.
Why are rice bran oil good for the skin? What is in the rice that will provide these benefits for skin and general health.
Read on. We will explain the top 8 key features of rice bran oil and a long list of skin and health benefits for this ingredient derived from this humble dietary staple.
HOW IS RICE BRAN OIL MADE:
Rice bran oil is extracted from the germ as well as the husk of rice. Manufacturers squeeze the hull or even bran of the rice grain and turn it into an oil. A few companies use natural and “cold pressed” techniques to preserve the organic quality of the product.
Rice bran oil contains a large percentage of fatty acids that are rich in Omega 3 and 9. As mentioned above, the oil is an excellent source of moisturizer for your skin!
Aside from skin benefits, rice bran oil is well-known in Asian cuisine. It is ideal for deep as well as stir-frying because it has a very high smoking point. it is also good for salad dressings because it mixes very easily with many other ingredients. Like most of the vegetable oils, rice bran oil has various of distinctive elements, such as its nut-like aroma and unique nutritional features.
KEY FEATURES OF RICE BRAN OIL:
1. Contains rich levels of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and proteins
2. Contains gamma oryzanol, a potent antioxidant. It has been used as a supplement for people with high cholesterol and symptoms of menopause
3. Possesses a unique and flavorful aroma
4. Contains a high proportion of fatty acids
5. A good source of tocotrienols, an antioxidant that is more potent than Vitamin E.
6. A gentle oil ideal for dehydrated, flaky, delicate, mature or fragile skin (e.g baby's body), in which extra moisturization is needed.
7. Moisturizes hair and adds sheen and luster to individual hair fibers without weighing it down.
8. It is readily absorbed into the skin.
SKIN BENEFITS OF RICE BRAN OIL
Rice bran oil is well known in Asian as one of the anti-aging ingredients. In Japan, the phrase “you have a rice bran splendor” has been used to compliment a lady’s youthful complexion.
Rice bran oil has the potential to promote hydration, reduce pigmentation, even out skin tones, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
These skin benefits of rice bran oil are largely attributed to the high level of vitamin E, vitamin B, omega-9, a rich array of fatty acids. In addition, it contains a rich source of anti-oxidants, such as beta-carotene, CoQ10, and lycopene, that can shield skin from environmental and internal stressors. Antioxidants are vital to sustaining that younger and healthier glow.
Lastly, the oil is very light and readily absorbed into the skin. It carries all the rich actives into the skin to deliver the desired benefits.
By the way, this oil does not leave your skin feeling greasy or tacky. So give it a try.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF RICE BRAN OIL
1. Weight Reduction: Rice bran oil is a superb option for cooking, should you wish to drop a few pounds. It is free of trans fatty acids.
2. Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Based on a research, rice bran oil significantly lowered overall cholesterol as much as 42% and also LDL levels of cholesterol around 62% in animals
3. Improves Healthy Growth of Hair: The presence of ferulic acid and esters in rice bran oil can potentially boost hair health.
4. Strengthens The Performance of Liver: The ingredients and chemicals in rice bran oil can improve the performance of the liver function. It also protects the liver from developing fatty liver.
5. Eases Symptoms of Menopause: The compound gamma Oryzanol present in rice bran oil is considered to be potent in alleviating symptoms associated with menopause.
6. Promotes The Endocrine System: Rice bran oil is full of vitamin E. This vitamin increases the performing of the endocrine system by equalizing the discharge of bodily hormones.
7. Strengthens Immunity: Rice bran oil is abundant with antioxidants needed to combat free radicals and improve host immune status.
8. Promotes Cardio Wellness: Compared to other oil sources, rice bran oil has lower cholesterol, and thereby lower the risk of various cardiovascular events.
Rice bran oil is a potent and natural oil that offers a wide range of skin and health benefits. It has been adopted in cooking and cosmetic application. Let us know if you have ever used any products with Rice Bran Oil in your skincare routine.