Instructions to Take a Bleach Bath
Bleach batch can help to decrease the bacterial load on the skin and prevent infection. For people with eczema, routine bleach bath is effective to control eczema flares.
We received many requests inquiring about how to make a bleach bath. Here is a simple instruction.
Diluted bleach bath recipe and instructions
1. Add ¼ - ½ cup of common 5% household bleach to a bathtub full of water (40 gallons).
2. Soak your body or just the affected part of your skin for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse your body with fresh warm water.
4. Dry your body with a towel. Apply moisturizer immediately after drying.
What Not to Do:
1. Do not take long bleach baths because it can dry out your skin. Also, take no more 2 bleach baths per week.
2. Do not submerge your head. Do not get the diluted bleach into the eyes.
3. If your skin has open sore and extremely dry, bleach bath may cause discomfort and pain.